Christopher J. Masich
Christopher is a Partner practicing in the Firm’s Saskatoon office where he maintains a commercial transactions and project development practice focusing on Saskatchewan key economic sectors – energy, natural resources and agricultural.
Christopher is a Partner practicing in the Firm’s Saskatoon office where he maintains a commercial transactions and project development practice focusing on Saskatchewan key economic sectors – energy, natural resources and agricultural. Additionally, Christopher provides special counsel on environmental risk management and environmental regulation across all industry sectors.
In Saskatchewan, agriculture is and will always remain a key economic driver for the Province. Christopher regularly advises farm operators, grain terminals, seed processors, food manufacturers and fertilizer manufactures on all commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, purchases and sales, land development, project financing and other commercial transactions. Similarly, Christopher advises on commercial transactions and project development on the Province’s primary natural resources – potash, oil and gas and uranium.
In Saskatchewan’s energy sector, Christopher routinely advises on several Saskatchewan conventional (non-renewable) and renewable energy projects, having assisted and currently assisting national and international independent power producers with: greenfield project prospecting and development, acquisitions of early stage renewable project development, SaskPower’s competitive and single-source procurements.
Christopher also chairs the firms Entrepreneur Practice Group and works closely with Saskatchewan entrepreneurs who are driving innovation across traditional economic sectors and the burgeoning tech sector.
- Acted for Avena Foods Limited in the sale of all of the shares of Avena Foods Limited.
- Acted for 3L Cattle Company Ltd. in the sale of all of its assets valued at $18,250,000.
- Acted for several national and intentional independent power producers in preparation of and submission to SaskPower’s request for qualifications and request for proposals in respect of 200 MW wind power project and 20MW solar power project.
- Acted for an international independent power producer in preparation of and submission to SaskPower’s request for proposals to construct the Chinook Power Station, a 350 MW combined-cycle plant.
- Acted for Input Capital Corp. in respect of a $50,000,000 standby credit facility with HSBC Bank Canada.
- Acted for Assiniboia Farmland Limited Partnership in respect of a sale of over 110,000 acres of Saskatchewan farmland to the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board valued at $128,000,000.
- Acted for the Seaboard Corporation in its acquisition of Blue Hills Processors (2003) Ltd.
- Acted for the Scoular Company in its acquisition of Legumex Walker Inc.’s special crop division valued at $94,000,000.
- Acted for Boss Power Corp. and divisive reorganization of that corporation by way of plan of arrangement.
- Acted for a private agri-business company and selling shareholders in sale of all of the shares of the company valued at $44,000,000 to a publically listed food processing company.
- Acted for Royal Bank of Canada in securitization of a $40,000,000 construction credit facility to a private Saskatchewan commercial land developer.
- Acted for Input Capital Corp. respecting a short form prospectus offering on a bought deal basis of Class A common voting shares for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $46 million.
- Acted for Input Capital Corp. with the completion of an aggregate $41 million public offering and concurrent private placement of Class A Common Voting Shares.
- Acted for Input Capital Corp. to complete a reverse-takeover of a capital pool company and become a listed entity on the TSX Venture Exchange.